The Farfalline Zebra pasta has always been a favorite in the market. You can elevate your everyday dinner or use it as an unexpected gift paired with a bottle of olive oil! But as "spooky season" gets closer, I began looking at this Halloween pasta in a new way.
Halloween brings lots of great memories for me from the days of trick or treating with my kids. Although my kids are now young adults past the dress-up stage, I still enjoy giving out candy for trunk or treating, decorating with pumpkins, and watching spooky movies, especially in October. What says Halloween quite like the black and white colors of this gorgeous Farfalline Zebra Halloween pasta?
This Halloween pasta salad is so much fun to make and to serve as a quick side before giving out candy to little ghouls and goblins. With traditional Halloween colors, fresh veggies, creamy mozzarella cheese, and rich olive oil, my Halloween Pasta Salad is a tasty way to enjoy the season!
What You Need:
- 1 bag of Farfalline Zebra Pasta (in the October Good Things Gourmet box!)
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup of shredded carrots
- 2 cups Mozzarella pearls
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence, or dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- dash of salt to taste
- 1 cup shredded chicken (optional)
- 1/2 cup olives (optional)
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
What You Do:
- Boil the pasta according to the directions on the back of the package. After it's finished cooking, rinse with cold water and chill.
- Halve your cherry tomatoes and Mozzarella pearls, dice the orange bell pepper, and shred carrots. Set these ingredients aside.
- Whisk together olive oil, herbs de Provence, red pepper flakes, salt, dijon mustard, and lemon juice.
- Combine the chilled pasta, Mozzarella and veggies, and dressing. If you're adding other things, like olives or chicken, add those ingredients, too.
- Chill for 30 minutes to 1 hour so the flavors can marry.
This Halloween pasta is the perfect make-ahead meal for busy evenings, and also is a great dish to serve at a Halloween party (your guests will be WOWed by black and white pasta!)
Italian Herbs Olive Oil
This olive oil is my every day olive oil - although it's far from normal. This luxurious blend of olive oil is infused with the best Italian herbs. It's so flavor to sauté veggies in or for dipping bread in. … Read More
Garlic Stuffed Olives