I've always believed there's something special about a plate of French Toast. It's warm, soft, and just the right amount sweet. Although it's incredibly simple to make, the process of mixing the eggs, cream, and cinnamon, dipping the bread, and grilling to perfection makes French Toast feel like a breakfast event. And there's only one thing that can make a French Toast breakfasting from normal to extraordinary: Stuffed French Toast.
Oh, this is such a treat! My Cheery Cherry Stuffed French Toast combines the traditional french toast with cream cheese, powdered sugar, and my Cheery Cherry Preserves for a treat that will bring your family running to the breakfast table any time it's on the griddle.
Cheery Cherry Stuffed French Toast Recipe
What You Need
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 jar Cheery Cherry Preserves
- 1 loaf of thick bread of your choice
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk or cream
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Panini press, griddle, or pan
Rocky Mountain Cherry Preserves
Even as a kid, I loved tart tasting fruits. I love this cherry jam because it's the perfect blend of sweet and tart. Size: 16oz Ingredients: Sugar, cherries, water, pectin, citric acid and calcium chloride. … Read More
What You'll Do
- Start out with the cream cheese filling. Mix the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla together by hand or with a mixer until combined well.
- Using two slices of bread, generously spread the cream cheese mixture on one slice of bread. On the other, spread Cheery Cherry Preserves. Place the two slices of bread together with the preserves and mixture in the middle. Continue with the rest of the loaf.
- Preheat your griddle, pan, or panini press to medium. Coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, whole milk or cream, cinnamon, and granulated sugar. Dip the "sandwich" of bread, preserves, and cream cheese into the mixture, making sure to coat each side completely.
- Place your stuffed french toast bread on the grill and cook 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Flip the stuffed french toast and cook 2-3 minutes as well.
- Serve immediately with warm syrup, butter, and fresh fruit!
Here's a quick video tutorial:
View this post on Instagram
My Cheery Cherry Stuffed French Toast is sure to be a family favorite! I'd love to see your creations - Tag me on Instagram @WendiSeger with your final product!
This month's Good Things Gourmet is all about breakfast. For your own "Breakfast at Tiffany's" experience, subscribe today!