I adore cooking chicken because it is so versatile: sweet, tangy, spicy, and savory flavors can make completely different meals. I could eat a chicken dish just about every day! Fall makes me think about tailgating and fun with friends watching the big game, and no fall get-together is complete without chicken wings! This recipe is a favorite with the "team": spicy jalapeno and sweet peach make a fabulous combination on roasted chicken wings. Make sure you stock up on napkins – this jalapeno peach chicken wings recipe can be messy (just like chicken wings should be!)
What You Need:
- 1 cup Colorado Jalapeno Peach Jam
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno olive oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Dash of red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of water
- dash of salt
- 2 lbs chicken wings
What You'll Do:
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, combine the Colorado Jalapeno Peach Jam, soy sauce, jalapeno olive oil, lemon juice, brown sugar, red pepper flakes, water, and salt. Bring to a simmer and stir until the sugar has dissolved completely. Allow the sauce to cool to room temperature.
- Add the chicken wings to a large bowl and pour half the sauce on them. Toss the wings until they're covered completely.
- Lay the chicken wings on a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet –they shouldn't overlap on the sheet!
- Roast for 40 minutes, basting every 15 minutes with the remaining sauce.
- Serve with a dip (I like to make my own from chili lime seasoning and sour cream!)
Your guests won't be able to resist the caramelized coating and crispy chicken. These Jalapeno Peach Chicken Wings will not last long!