When I'm enjoying the low-key, no-stress days of summer, I love having pasta salad as a side with sandwiches or steaks on the grill. The Southwest Summer Pasta Salad recipe gives the traditional pasta salad a bit of a kick!
What you need:
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 2/3 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 package of Couri Artisan Pasta (or any of our yummy pasta options!)
- 2 15-oz cans s black beans
- 1 package of cherry tomatoes
- 2 jalapenos, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
What you'll do:
- Whisk together avocado oil, lime juice, red wine vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper to make a vinegarette dressing. Put to the side.
- Cook and drain the package of pasta.
- Rinse the black beans and add them to the pasta.
- Pour frozen corn into a colander and run it under warm water to thaw slightly. Add corn to the pasta and black beans.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and fold them into the pasta and veggies.
- Add the jalapenos, cilantro, and vinegarette.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours.
I love serving this with tacos and our Corn and Black Bean Salsa. Don't forget the homemade tortilla chips, too!
Black Bean Corn Salsa
I love a good bean and corn salsa. I like this one because it also has a little kick to it! 16 oz Ingredients: Crushed Tomatoes (Peeled ground tomatoes, extra heavy tomato puree and salt), water, whole kernel corn, black… Read More